Ralph wrote:

> I just allocated a good sized chunk of RAM as a fixed block of
> about 58K (yes K) and then used my own malloc/free that operates
> on that block, not system memory.
>
> For a mobile phone you may have more RAM available :-)
>
> Ralph

How much can you do in 58K?  I'm very tempted to get a Mindstorm NXT
and try it out (as well as LabView for NXT).  It'd be a breath of
fresh air after dealing with stuff like MDrive Motion Control motors
(nice motor, horrible programming - it doesn't even have structured
if/then) and Animatics SmartMotors (only slightly better) at work.

--Tony