Hi All,

Is there an easy, automated way to avoid left recursion.  I wanted to use LPEG
to parse a lua file based on the LUA's extended BNF.

I see that it has been done before but requires what the author describes as
"LPeg chicanery".  http://leg.luaforge.net/parser.html

I'm excited that the LPEG is flexible enough to allow such workarounds.
However, I'm working if there is an easy way to avoid such workarounds?

I noticed this paper which describes how to avoid left-recursion in packrat
parsers.   http://www.vpri.org/pdf/packrat_TR-2007-002.pdf  Could this be done
with LPEG?