Abhinav, It seems like a good decision to remove -DLUA_BUILD_AS_DLL,
if you look in luaconf.h it shows what LUA_BUILD_AS_DLL does (it
defines LUA_API as exported  functions). But since it's your project
the answer depends on your project needs, in general the question is
too generic be answered here.   Andrew