On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Phoenix Sol <phoenix@burninglabs.com> wrote:
> Really?! There's no built-in sleep function?! Are you serious?!
>
> That's totally awesome. I love it.

Note that C, C++, etc., arguably the most widespread languages there
are, also don't have a built-in sleep function. Sleep is provided by
the operating system, and not all operating systems support it. Those
that do call it different names. Lua does not aim to know them all, so
it implements everything in standard cross-platform C, and the rest
can be easily provided through modules (such as LuaSocket).

I quite suspect you know this already, but I'd like to set the record
straight for anyone else who happens upon this thread.

Matthew.