On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  - Instead of ".", use the path of the current script.  (This is what
>>    Python does.) It seems that this is already implemented for
>>    Windows, but I'm not sure about that.
>>
> I would much prefer this solution, but I'm not sure how (or if) it can
> be done in a portable fashion.

Amen to that!

For one thing, it simplifies application deployment, because you can
bundle your app in one directory and everything just works with
require().  At the moment, there's a practice of (a) make a library,
then give a call point (e.g LuaDoc) or (b) put everything into one
file (e.g markdown)

It does make sense to put '.' at the end.

steve d.