Am Montag 13 Juli 2009 00:50:29 schrieb paul.hermeneutic@gmail.com:
> > From: Steven Barth <steven@midlink.org>
> > Subject: [ANN] nixio 0.3 - System, Networking and I/O library
> > Source Tarball:
> > http://dev.luci.freifunk-halle.net/nixio/nixio-0.3.tar.bz2 Documentation:
> > http://dev.luci.freifunk-halle.net/nixio/doc/
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Steven
>
> This looks very nice.  I look forward to trying it out.
>
> Looking at user.c, it would appear that most functions are not
> supported on Windows.  Is that correct?

Yes unfortunately, if you are unsure whether a functions is POSIX-only just
have a look at the documentation. If there is a prefix like (POSIX) or (Linux)
then its only availalbe on that platform(s).

Maybe one could write a wrapper in the future that uses WinAPI calls to
emulate something like getspnam under Windows. But I'm not very familiar with
the WinAPI by myself. Windows support was just a thing I added because I need
this library in a cross-platform project.