David Given wrote:

BTW, not having anything like stdlib or stdio does make certain aspects of the porting a... challenge. In particular, it surprised me that the file I/O parts of Lua are mixed in with the pure logic parts; I had to disembowel lauxlib.c quite heavily. It would be nice if we could have all the file I/O moved into a separate file, for ease of use in file-less embedded environments.

Or you could just provide a library of stub functions to save yourself
the trouble of redisemboweling (is that a word?) the next time
lauxlib.c changes :-)

Ralph