I just want to mention that moving Kepler to github was not a
renunciation of LuaForge, I think having a central index of Lua
libraries is very important, and I am not the only one that thinks
this can be done with a much simpler platform than Gforge. More
importantly, I think it can be done with a Lua-based platform,
probably something based on Sputnik.

André has been warning for some time that LuaForge was pretty much on
life support, and this crisis is a good time for the community to move
on; there are plenty of options for online SCM repositories, issue
trackers, mailing lists...  after LuaForge gets back online I am
infavor of setting a grace period for anyone to move those parts of
their projects elsewhere, and bootstrap a new site with the catalog
part.

I also spoke with Hisham that now is a great time to move the main
LuaRocks repository to luarocks.org, with the release of LuaRocks 2.0
imminent. He agrees and assured me that he was going to do that.

--
Fabio Mascarenhas, Lablua
http://www.lua.inf.puc-rio.br