Mi Casa Verde has developed a unique home automation software platform which we license for use in low-cost embedded systems.  Our customers use our software in consumer electronics for a variety of applications, generally with a focus on home energy conservation.  Our software is written in C and most often runs on embedded Linux systems, but incorporates Lua for creating external plugins.  Third party users and developers have created Lua plugins to interface with things like Yahoo Weather, Google Traffic, various alarm panels, and so on.

We're looking for an experienced Lua and C developer to work from home, anywhere in the world.  Primarily we need someone to develop plugins in Lua, extend our custom Lua API, and assist third party developers with their applications.

You will be collaborting with our team of 5 other developers as well as some customers, so fluent English and a good internet connection for clear Skype calls are a must.  We're looking for a serious, professional developer who enjoys the flexibility of working from home, but has the self-discipline and organizational skills to be as productive as an office commuter.  The hours are flexible.  We have developers who have been on the team for years, and work hard to make sure everyone on the team is well taken care of so you'll be happy and stick with us for the long run.

If you're interested email aaron [at] micasaverde [dot] com.