>> Please don't top-post.
>>

> OT: Is there a posting-style convention in the Lua list?
>
> Note that top-posting is the default behavior of Outlook, Thunderbird and
> Gmail.

http://www.lua.org/lua-l.html has a section on netiquette, which
directly links to http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html.
Reference 2.3.

Even if it weren't explicitly stated, top-posting is bad in general.
Especially like in the case that just occurred where a quoted section
was bottom-posted, but replied to in top-posting convention, which
resulted in a post that could neither be read from top to bottom nor
bottom to top, but rather from the middle out.

Note that I myself use Thunderbird. It is trivial to adapt accordingly
to handle bottom-posting.

Regards,

======

Matthew P. Del Buono