Le Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:20:00 +0100,
Petite Abeille <petite.abeille@gmail.com> s'exprima ainsi:

> On Nov 10, 2009, at 6:02 PM, spir wrote:
>
> > Well, while I understand that one can have this point of view, it's
> > still surprising for me
>
> Welcome to Lua! It's a, hmmm, DIY kind of place :)

ça'm va! (it's all right for me!)

> "Lua gives you the power; you build the mechanisms."
> Roberto Ierusalimschy, Programming in Lua, 2003
> http://www.lua.org/pil/12.1.2.html

Good. So, is there a standard way of introducing a kind of customization? Either as a handy toolkit or for specific needs of an application. By "standard", I mean a kind of lua-style.

I think at
* a lua equivalent to subtyping builtin types
* a lua equivalent to overloading "Object" (root obj/type) in a prototype-based PL

[Note: I don't mean there should be such features, just to know.]

Denis

PS: I'm reading the 2 docs about evolu-a-tion pointed at http://www.lua.org/map.html, under "documentation": great! They answer loads why-s i intended to ask on the list one day or another.
------
la vita e estrany