hello Rob,

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:

> I'm expecting ... some code completion feature, integration with
> the runtime, and (in the best conditions) some sort of integration
> with a xUnit framework (ie the same way eclipse integrates junit).

Lua being a dynamic language makes code completion almost worthless.

Sorry but I don't agree. I've been using Python for quite some time now, and the advantages of code completion as it's implemented for example by the PyDev enviroment are very handy.
Groovy and Ruby plugins for popular IDE bring these kind of functionalities. So, I won't say "worthless".

As for everything else, I have a huge amount of success with bash.

I see. I hope to get different perspectives by more Lua developers then ;-)

thanks,
valerio

--
twitter.com/vschiavoni