Hi,

Luís Jason Santos has been doing a great job with LuaEclipse. I recommend you to try it. ;)

I agree with those people who said that any completion is better than no completion.

Something I think might help in some cases is restrict the language usage to a subset of itself. For example, i've been using Ierusalimschy's OO model for Lua, and avoiding some more functional features. Parsing such a subset is much easier, and thus implementing code completion is also easier.

The parsing approach that will be used at LuaEclipse 2.0 might make code completion easier as well.

João E. Hornburg