your suggestion about pairs seems to have fixed it....

I noticed it does a load string and in my debugger it is actually treated like a separate lua file. im guessing i could write the contents to a lua file and then unpickle the giving the lua file name?

(im hoping to use this to save/load game engine content / game saves, so far its looking good)

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
* Andre Leiradella:

>       clone = function (t) local nt={}; system_lib.for_each(t, function(i, v) nt[i] = v end) return nt end

>       if system_lib.type_of(root) ~= system_lib.TABLE then

What is system_lib?  (Just in case Joe hasn't got it, either.)