2010/4/15 Attila <ejjeliorjarat@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:04:04 +0300, T T <t34www@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2010/4/15 Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it>:

>> This won't help, you will get to console windows: one for the start
>> command and another one (minimized) for "started" cmd.  There is no
>> way to get rid of the flashing window effect other than to pass the
>> appropriate flags to CreateProcess API (either DETACHED_PROCESS or
>> CREATE_NO_WINDOW in creation flags or SW_HIDE in startup info).
>>
>> Anyway, the OP should use io.popen instead of os.execute to get the
>> output.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tomek
>
> ntlua.start use that exactly, and if I am correct, I managed to do it months
> ago, but don't remember, how.
> ntlua.start definition is:
>
> static int ntlua_start(lua_State * L)
> {
>  char *command_line = get_string(L, "start", 1);
>  int wait = luaL_optinteger(L, 2, 0);
>  if (!utlStartProcess(command_line, wait))
>    print_error(L, "start: can not start process.");
>  return 0;
> }
>
> From process.c:
>
> int utlStartProcess(char* command_line, int wait)
> {
>  WORD flags = NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS;
>  STARTUPINFO si ;
>  PROCESS_INFORMATION*  pi = (PROCESS_INFORMATION*)
> malloc(sizeof(PROCESS_INFORMATION));
>  BOOL pr;
>
>  ZeroMemory(&si , sizeof(STARTUPINFO)) ;
>  si.cb = sizeof(STARTUPINFO) ;
>
>  pr=CreateProcess(NULL, command_line, NULL, NULL, TRUE, flags, NULL, NULL,
> &si, pi);
>
>  if (wait && pr)
>    WaitForSingleObject(pi->hProcess, (DWORD)(-1L)); // from dospawn.c
> //    WaitForInputIdle(pi->hProcess, INFINITE);
>
>        CloseHandle(pi->hThread);
>        CloseHandle(pi->hProcess);
>  free(pi);
>
>  if (!pr)
>          return 0;
>
>  return 1;
> }
>
> With these, is that possible?

No. You need to use DETACHED_PROCESS or CREATE_NO_WINDOW for flags or (better)

	si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;
	si.wShowWindow = SW_HIDE;

But before that you need to create an (anonymous) pipe and use it for
stdout of the child process or you will have no way to read its
output.  In other words you need to enhance ntlua a bit.

Cheers,

Tomek