> See http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2006-11/msg00210.html it seems to
> me that the issue is that lua loads modules without setting their symbols
> globally, so module2 can't find the symbols module1 exports which is
> why 5.2 adds control over that flag (to package.loadlib at least).

  Uau, that's a bigger problem than mine. But it makes sense to me. Thanks
for pointing that message.

  If Lua 5.2 will solve mine too then it is good news. In the meanwhile I
still want to hear other possible solutions to the linker problem.

  BTW, without having to explicit link to module1, I also do not have to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Best,
Scuri