On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 21:10, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been following this thread with interest, and it seems some stuff
> from the luarocks.fs modules serve similar purposes to what has been
> discussed here. Perhaps it would be a good idea to join these efforts
> and produce a shell utilities module (the LuaRocks modules try to use
> stuff such as LuaFileSystem when available or command-line tools as a
> fallback).

I second that.

I'm willing to donate a bit of my time to this project — the results
could be useful.

Lets design the interface first.

I think that it should be not a single module, but a family of modules.

At least these three:

-- String: expansion, escaping
-- Path manipulation
-- Process execution, output redirection and piping.

Do you think that we need to support non-POSIX environments? (Since
you need this module for LuaRocks, I suppose that you do...)

Alexander.

P.S. Should we move from Lua list to somewhere? Anyone else willing to help? :-)