Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Funny set of sentences there, was it run past a lawyer?

No.

Is it a design mark? A registered trade mark?

It's not a registered trade mark.
What is a design mark? First time I heard that.

Utility designs, like a cute Ikea chair. Not appropriate for branding designs.

Is copyright appropriate for a logo design?

Probably not.

IIRC, brand designs are generally trade marks. Licensing would be a pain, but they ended up doing it properly for Linux after a very long and protracted mess...

Well, if it's called public domain and has a copyright label with some restrictions, then there may be a paradox and the universe might get destroyed. Be careful...

The PS code is public domain. The logo design is protected. Isn't that clear?
Would the sentence below make it any clearer?

     The logos are freely available but their design is protected;
     they are distributed under the terms below.

In which case, it may well run just fine as long as everyone is morally upright -- until it blows up the first time. Like what happened to Linux.

Of course, I can only whinge in this forum, but a judge may just throw out this kind of thing and scoff at what he may deem is legal illiteracy, it doesn't matter whether your intentions were pure, they need to keep the legal-profession-monopoly healthy.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)