On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Thijs Koerselman
<thijskoerselman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using a modified version of the sandbox script Jim posted here:
> http://snipt.net/jnwhiteh/install-lua-and-luarocks-into-a-sandboxed-directory/
>
> I'm adding a path to LUA_PATH_DEFAULT in order for the sandboxed lua
> to find my custom modules directory. This works well, but I noticed
> that if the user has LUA_PATH set globally, in .bashrc or .profile or
> something, things clash.
>
> It there a way to have the sandboxed Lua ignore the standard LUA_PATH
> variable? I would like it to be completely self contained and shielded
> from any user/system variables. Is this possible?

You could alter the patch being applied in order to clear the
definition of the LUA_PATH variable entirely. Alternatively, if you're
mainly interested in compiling this on your own, you could go into the
src directory and alter luaconf.h and re-compile/install it. That
would pick it up after the script has already been run.

- Jim