> Anyway, in practice this is enough in most of the cases. You can
> always move some data to lightuserdata pointers.

1Gb for a server environment is not enough.

> If you share more information, we may be able to help.
>
> Alexander.

Well, I have a clustered server system where LuaJIT handles high-level logic scripting. All objects stored and managed in the system are high-level as well. I can easily avoid the above problem by scaling the system - adding more daemons and connecting them through the loopback interface. However, that leads to unnecessary overhead and throws me out of "one machine -> one daemon" scheme. Or, I could switch back to vanilla Lua which always works as a replacement engine.

// Seny