OK, Luiz, thanks for the info. I am sure that from looking at all your
libraries I will be able to learn something very useful.

One thing that I have found is that it appears that Shared Libraries
have been dropped due to portability issues. But it just seems that
many of the older packages are still building shared libraries for
their distributions (ie luasockets). I guess I am just a bit confused
about what is going on... I just wish this were documented in a single
location.

Mike