On 01/04/2011 10:30 PM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
Hi, list!

I have set up the organization

https://github.com/lua-cookbook/

and the project

https://github.com/lua-cookbook/lua-cookbook/

on GitHub.

It may be a bit too early to make infrastructure decisions, but have you looked at Sphinx (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/) for actually writing the book? I think it's a pretty good fit, since it's designed for writing documentation, it takes care of a lot of the "infrastructure" stuff, and it can output to HTML and LaTeX. (It's written in Python, which some people may consider a downside, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.)

Also, it may be a good idea to set up a separate mailing list or Google Group for the cookbook project, to avoid crowding lua-l or the project wiki with discussion.

(PS: My Github username is "leafstorm".)
--
Regards, Matthew "LeafStorm" Frazier
http://leafstorm.us/