On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 05:44:57PM +0200, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 February 2011 04:51:27 Dirk Laurie wrote:
> > Being curious to see Steve Litt's presentation, I installed IUP.
> > Not too much joy so far.
> >

> A couple things I learned about IUP and Ubuntu
>
> 1) If your processor is 64 bit, only the 64 bit IUP will work. Crazy, but
> that's what I found.
My separate post on IUP may help to explain why.

> 5) Remember, unlike most tarballs, this tarball puts lots of files in the
> current directory, rather than putting one subdirectory in the current
> directory.
Fortunately I have the habit of doing 'tar -tzf' first.

> 6) Boy, I wish I could remember it now, but after installation it can give
> this certain error message (not the one you got Dirk), and you have to google
> the error message and install some fairly well known package that you would
> have thought was for some completely different purpose.
I did not have this problem.

Now I come to your "showhead".  It needed some persistence, too :-/

1. One has to unpack scr.tgz first.  Not hard to guess, fortunately.
2. showhead.lua requires a parameter, which must be one of the names
    in the scr subdirectory.  The message you get otherwise is
    informative enough so that you know the next time round:
    scr/nil.scr: No such file or directory

Dirk