Hi, list!

I do realize that ideal version of what I'm asking for does not exist
(and the question itself may be not quite correct). But I will settle
for any good enough surrogate.

For illustrative reasons I need a Lua VM benchmark script (note: not a
benchmarking tool, but a script).

It should "measure" (anyhow) "overall" Lua VM performance. The idea is
to take this script and run it on a single machine using different
VMs: classic Lua, LuaJIT 1, LuaJIT2, Kahlua (and other java
implementations), LuaAlchemy etc. and then compare "scores" or "times"
or whatever. (Ah, yes: the benchmark must make at least some sense for
LuaJIT2, it should not be of "infinite loop in 10 seconds" kind :-) )

The benchmark should be small and self-contained in a single Lua
script. It should not take too long to run even on a slowest Lua
implementations (up to a minute or two).

To clarify: I'm willing to trade benchmark accuracy and scientific
value for illustrative qualities and relatively small size.

Any hints?

Alexander.