On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 04:26:46 -0500, Jeff Pohlmeyer
<yetanothergeek@gmail.com> wrote:
>Note that you need to pass a file opened with io.open("your filename")
>to the function. My guess is you are trying to give it a string.

Thanks for the tip. The page doesn't mention this. After making the
change, I'm getting the error "attempt to index local 'file' (a nil
value)" on line 2:

=========== funcs.lua
function fsize (file)
        local current = file:seek()      -- get current position
        local size = file:seek("end")    -- get file size
        file:seek("set", current)        -- restore position
        return size
end
=========== checklibs.lua
dofile("funcs.lua")

libs_file = io.open("librt.so.0","r")
print(fsize(libs_file))
libs_file:close()

Am I missing some module it needs for file operation?