On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Geoff Leyland
<geoff_leyland@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> How about a debug hook that intercepts calls and works out which node it is with debug.getinfo?

I think that that would run into a show-stopper if the user is moving
a draft or buggy script to a different document or sending a copy of
the script to someone else for help in debugging. With an unlimited
number of scripts in a single document, I need to process the script
to be exported as text rather than execute its code.

I've got a method now that seems to work so far although I need to do
some more tests.

I appreciate that you took the time to think about this. The method
you suggested gave me some ideas for other problems I see ahead. I
hadn't looked before at the debug documentation in the light of a
particular use case so that caused some light to shine.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Paul