On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 15:10:22 +0200
Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoekstra@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net>
> wrote:
> > IIRC, this topic has been raised not so long ago.
> > Personally, I would consider any code snippet released in the wild
> > (Wiki, forum, mailing list, etc.) without explicit license
> > attached[1] to fall on the public domain (again, this has been
> > argued about recently, notably about if PD means anything), ie. can
> > be used freely.

i doubt that you can even put merely trivial examples under some
license. afaik most jurisdictions demand that the work which is
copyrighted is "original work", not the 100th version of what has been
done a million times before.

you can try to put code like

function helloworld()
   io.write("hello world copyrighted")
end

under a license but that would hold nowhere.

startx