On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> Another editor worth mentioning in the Lua world is Textadept [1] which is
> even bigger (coming with the whole GTK+ stack!) but has the interesting
> property of being almost entirely written in Lua (with a dash of C for low
> level operations).

It is very entertaining to hack, and is an option for OS X as well
because michell maintains it across all three major platforms.  It
feels like Emacs in some ways, very keyboard-shortcut driven with
split panes.  The code completion is pretty good for Lua.  Not as
mature as SciTE but it's still young.

While we're talking editors, Neil Hodgson has released a native port
of SciTE for OS X, but it will only be available through the App Store
and costs money (about $40 I think)

steve d.