On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev
<malkia@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can probably trace the issue, from system point of view.
>
> export LD_DEBUG=libs
> and see how they are being searched for.
>
> http://wlug.org.nz/LD_DEBUG
> Also how do you load your lib, ffi.load( "GL" ), or ffi.load( "libGL" )?
>

> On 11/22/2011 4:57 PM, Josh Simmons wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> The LuaJIT FFI load path seems to differ somehow from the system load
>> path as when I link with 'GL' in GCC it finds the FGLRX libGL.so but
>> when I load it from LuaJIT it finds the mesa libGL.so which was
>> causing all sorts of trouble.
>>
>> Some kind of priority issue?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Josh.

OK,

Fixed that, mesa-common-dev was installing a libGL symlink that
happened to be higher ranking than fglrx's libGL. Removing that solved
the issue well enough. Odd that fglrx was still chosen by GCC but
whatever.

Cheers and sorry for the noise.
Josh.