----- Original Message -----
From: Tomas Guisasola Gorham
Date: 1/26/2012 5:02 AM
    Hi Jay

(Lua SQL still makes me very sad by lacking parameterized queries
though. Yes, it's better than nothing, Which backends can't support a
norrmalized form for the most common statements?
    I think LuaSQL should not define any of these forms, thus exposing
the incompatibilities between the databases.  Anyway, to offer an API
for prepared statements, LuaSQL must define a _standard_ way to declare,
bind the values and execute a prepared statement.  We have discussed that
before, but anyone had time to spend on that front :-(

LuaDBI [1] has prepared statements support built into the API. For the couple databases I have used in on, it appears to work great for me.

-Josh

[1] http://code.google.com/p/luadbi/