> Oh, this is good news for me. Does the same statement applies to Lua
> 5.2? i.e. The issues fixed by 5.2 over 5.1 are't present or have
> already been fixed in LuaJIT 2.x.

You have to understand the numbering scheme. It's pretty standard for
any software. If the third decimal is increased its just a bug-fix
release. (Almost) no new features, breaking changes etc.

If the second or first number is increased then its a larger Leap.
LuaJit AFAIK already supports some of the Lua 5.2 features, but not
all. Maybe some will be supported later on, maybe some what Mike
doesn't consider smart changes will never be.