On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Jose Torre-Bueno <jtorrebueno@cox.net> wrote:
> I am seeing a problem when loading LuaSockets.
>
> I have gotten LuaSockets to compile and moved all appropriate files to the
> directories /usr/local/share/lua/5.0 or /usr/local/lib/lua/5.0.
Why not use make install?

>  When I
> require socket I get the following
>
> dlopen(/usr/local/lib/lua/5.0/socket/core.so, 6): Symbol not found:
> _luaL_prepbuffer
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/lua/5.0/socket/core.so

Are you certain you compiled against lua5.0, and are using lua5.0?

Your problem isn't finding core.so, its that core.so can't find the
definitions of lua's C API, which is a compilation flag problem
possibly with your lua, maybe the syms aren't being exported by
whatever lua exe you are using to load core.so?

Sam