On 27/04/2012 22:05, Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev wrote:
I'm using Windows WDK myself, but have cygwin installed, and from it's
mingw, there is i686-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.5.3

and with
"i686-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.5.3.exe" --help -v -v -v 1>help.txt 2>&1

and then looking in help.txt for TLS reveals this:

-mtls-dialect=
Use given thread-local storage dialect

-mtls-direct-seg-refs
Use direct references against %gs when accessing tls data

-ftls-model=[global-dynamic|local-dynamic|initial-exec|local-exec]
Set the default thread-local storage code generation model

But I'm not sure what these would do

Same here.

Somehow related - I had a problem with PIXMAN (libpixman) using WDK and
TLS, they were working on Vista/Windows 7, but not on XP. I target
MSVCRT.DLL and some stuff was missing from there, for that I had to
recompile without TLS (for now I won't miss much of it).

In my case, everything seems to work fine if run normally but I believe if Application Verifier says there is an error, it is there.

--
Shmuel