Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 07:35:09 -0400
From: thomas@cranksoftware.com
To: lua-l@lists.lua.org
Subject: Re: Best framework to LUA developing in Tablets? Is it possible?

I found the software quite interesting for embebed system development.
But it seems too advance and sophiticated for our modest intent.
We just try to make a "standard app" that could be run under several tablet platforms, no to develop a sophiticated embebded system.
And users should be able to download the app just as they do with other apps for their platform (iOS or Android).
Installing an embeded runtime for running the app is not an option (I could not understand if crank software installs its own runtime in the tablet target or compiles to the target).

But crank software has several products under storyboard umbrella, may be I am missing the point an there is really a product for what we want: develop the user interface using a RAD tool and program logic under Lua.

I am not asking for free software, but our budget is limited (we can not afford a 2000$ license fee, don¡t know the price of storyboard suite).

Thank you for your guidance, I would be gratefull if you can clarify some of my questions about storyboard.

Fernando