is that possible to make lua static free? I mean, makes it's static variable become a field in lua_State? that may makes cross call lua c function safe.

regards,
Xavier Wang.

在 2012-8-4 下午1:54,"steve donovan" <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>写道:
On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Doug <douglas.linder@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only situation (it seems) that this is possible is in the
> astonishingly rare case of lua being loaded as a dynamic library.

Which is how it's done on Windows, and that's not too rare ;)

Besides, it's recommended to use a .so when embedding Lua, since a
static link can easily leave out bits that you'll need later when you
start scripting.

steve d.