Thank you for you replies,
I previously read the manual and it said that in order to build lua, i just have to run the command : make linux local.
i tried that command after i made some changes to the luaconf.h file. but my changes did not take an effect , i.e. it was not re-compiled again.

For example , i added a print statement in the Luaconf.h , and when i run the code, i dont see it.

I am using a linux/ubuntu machine and working with Lua 5.1.3.

Any idea what is going on ?
Regards,
Facebook : akkari.maha

"Never Look down on people unless you are helping them get up"