Hi,

I should apologise for the slowness of lua-l this week.  Starting Monday, a
botnet was using a cracked password of one of my users' mail accounts to send
vast quantities of spam through Pepperfish.

Fortunately the checks and balances I have in place stopped the outgoing queue
pretty quickly; but I still had to deal with incoming mails at the rate of 10
to 40 per second, and combine that with the huge queue which took ages to clear
down, it slowed lua-l for probably the majority of Monday and a bit of Tuesday
until it was all clear.

I have now reached the point that I'm confident that it's not recurring and so
I thought I'd best let everyone know so they don't worry about it.

Thanks,

Daniel.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69