On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Rob Hoelz <rob@hoelz.ro> wrote:
> Hello fellow Lua users,
>
> Over my experience reading e-mails on this mailing list, as well as
> helping people on #lua, I've decided to write a library that implements
> and enhances the functionality of require().
> I have snippets of code from over the years, so the work will really
> just be assembling them into something useful and coherent.

Hi Rob. Interesting idea! Thanks for sharing it.

>   require('foo.with.config', { ... }) -- the arguments are passed
> directly to the chunk
>
> I've seen this requested a few times, and I've also wished for it in my
> own modules.

So how does this work, given that normally the module table is stored
and returned each time that require() is called -- does the loader now
get re-run each time instead, or are arguments ignored after the first
time, or what?

> The feedback I really want to get is regarding the name.  'robs.require'
> is a terrible name, and I'm open to suggestions.  I just suck at naming
> things. =)

How about something like 'necessity'?

-Duncan