The exact details vary by compiler and operating system, but just
about every major tool chain - GCC, Microsoft and Intel on x86 / amd64
/x86_64 for sure - have well-defined conventions for interfacing C,
C++ and FORTRAN code. And there's also SWIG for wrapper generation.
It's a detailed but well-documented process on any flavour of UNIX.
I've never done it on Microsoft compilers but I know it's possible,
and the Intel compilers are mostly like UNIX or Microsoft depending on
where you run them.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?