Hi Patrick,

> If I use GPL code in a C lua module and then "require" it into a lua script,
> that lua script does not have to be GPL as well correct?

It seems like the answer is "no" based on my reading of GPL FAQ
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLPluginsInNF and several
questions around it). For some reason I thought that if the library
and the "main" system are distributed separately it would not be a
problem, but there is an answer to that effect in the FAQ: "Yes, this
is a violation, because effectively this makes a larger combined work.
The fact that the user is expected to put the pieces together does not
really change anything."

IANAL and the usual disclaimers apply...

Paul.