On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 09:21:28 -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> That's almost two years since the first work version to the final release.

I didn't realise that.

> I'm not saying 5.3 will take more or less time than this, but it certainly
> is too soon to say how close 5.3 is.

That's fair enough.

> So, I think *now* is the time to migrate to 5.2 if you want to.

It's a pain because 5.1 is that comfortable point where luajit etc works.  I
guess I need to force myself to play with 5.2 enough to convince myself that I
can convert my fenv stuff over.

> Note that all features deprecated in 5.2 will be removed in 5.3,
> which may make migration harder. Lua 5.2 is better on this point
> because compatibility is not turned on by default in luaconf.h,
> only in the Makefile. So, if you build it manually, it won't have
> deprecated features and this will help you migrate.

That is helpful to know.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69