Last release of 'Lua for Windows' was about 14 months back, and none since. Also the defect backlog has been growing without any recent activity. Many of the bundled libraries (batteries) have fallen behind their independent evolution. Any ideas if maintainers of the project are on this list, and if there is any plan to release a new one, with latest libraries ?

I know that this subject has been discussed in past (including once recently in the Lua distribution thread), but is it really that rare to see standalone use of Lua on Windows machine (which BTW, for me is a niche usecase too, but still checking), that one could imagine not having to have any C/C++ compiler installed on their machine, and still get access to relatively recent Lua libraries (thanks to the distribution being actively maintained, with a large precompiled library set) ? Not sure if I am missing a particular section of the 'Lua Binaries' distribution (from LuaForge) but can't seem to find a comprehensive list of precompiled libraries for Windows.