Hi,

I suddenly faced a basic question about virtual machine in lua.
Frankly speaking I didn't search about this question on internet.
I am asking this question directly on this maillist.

I wonder if the virtual machine in Lua is pretty much same with the one in LLVM.

I noticed sqlite3 uses VM also.
I know there are several different type of VM.
Frankly, I don't know very well about LLVM neigher.

I think VM of LLVM provides a isolated environment from any machine so that compile-time optimization is done with better result.

I guess lua VM is used for the same purpose. VM in lua provides a virtual machine in which compile-time optimization is done better.

Thank you for the kind answer in advance.

Have a good day.
Journeyer
Journeyer J. Joh
o o s a p r o g r a m m e r