Hi Fabien,

> However, line numbers in stack traces would remain completely messed up, which makes the debugging process tedious and beginner-hostile. CoffeeScript and some other compilers targeting Javascript maintain some source->destination line number conversion tables; This might be worth investigting. Do you know how MoonScript addresses it?

I don't know in detail how MoonScript does this, but it does seem to
keep some information about line mapping as it's used for error
rewriting [1].

I have also seen GSL-shell to do something similar with their short
function notation [2]. This works well with the debugger in ZBS as I
can step through those functions and set breakpoints; there is a
screenshot and a description in this post [3].

I'd love to be able to do something similar with MoonScript, but I ran
into issues with stepping in the debugger (incorrect line numbers
reported) that I haven't been able to resolve yet.

Paul.

[1] http://moonscript.org/reference/#error_rewriting
[2] http://www.nongnu.org/gsl-shell/doc/intro.html#short-func-notation
[3] http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/gsl-shell-debugging-with-zerobrane-studio