> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 6:49 AM, steve donovan
> <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This will encourage people
>> (a) to submit their projects as rocks and
>

> s/as rocks/with rockspecs/g
>
> nothing against LuaRocks, and i hope that it keeps getting more and
> more useful; but any project where the only install instructions are
> "luarocks install foobar" is useless for a significant part of the
> public.

Sure. What I mean is: if a project can be in LuaRocks, it should.
That doesn't mean it should not *also* have installation instructions
for people who do not use LuaRocks.

Also, some projects do not make sense in LuaRocks, and this is why
I will probably add support for those. I would like examples, though,
to see how I can deal with them.

--
Pierre Chapuis