On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Thijs Schreijer
<thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:

> [...]

Visual Studio is not directly supported at the moment. This means that
I am not releasing any binaries built using Visual Studio. However
most of the LuaDist packages do compile with Visual Studio even now. I
am considering to add Visual Studio binaries in the next release which
will include compatibility proxy dlls because of popular demand.

> Removing MinGW would be a huge step back imo.

MinGW is a much easier target to maintain and it will be the primary
binary release target on Windows in LuaDist.

pd