You're mixing 2 things I think....

You put in in a sub-table, which indicates you're intending to use it as a proxy table. But in that case you need to add __newindex and __index methods that handle retrieval and storage of those elements

>      return o
> end
>
> The problem is as below:
> obj = clsSMSSend:new()
> obj.MobileNo = "newmobile"
> for k, v in ipairs(obj.tbl_body) do

Now you're looking in obj.tbl_body where you put the value in obj.MobileNo, not in obj.tbl_body.MobileNo. If you use the proxy approach, then set an __index method that looks key up inside tbl_body.

Hth
Thijs