On 28/10/2014 22.31, Rena wrote:
Someone mentioned that calling across the language boundary (C to Lua
and vice-versa) is expensive? (I could never remember if that applies
to Lua, LuaJIT, or both.)

I mentioned it about plain Lua (I have no experience with LuaJIT). I should have qualified it with a lot of "it depends...", starting with "it depends on how your interface is built".

I think you should first take measurements to identify the actual bottlenecks and estimate the actual costs on your system, to avoid wasting time and effort.

--
  Enrico