On 12/22/2014 6:34 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Lua 5.3.0 (rc2) is now available for testing at
	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.0-rc2.tar.gz

[...]
We'd also like feedback on the documentation:
	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/readme.html
	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/contents.html
	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/manual.html

A couple documentation comments:

1. I was reading section 3.4.1 on Arithmetic Operators looking for information about the behavior of integers and floats, etc. Not knowing at the time that exponentiation was always float, the phrase "with the exception of float division and exponentiation..." was slightly unclear. I wasn't sure if it should be parsed as "(float division) and (exponentiation)" or "float (division and exponentiation)" with the latter possibly implying the existence of an integer exponentiation operator. Anyway, its a minor thing but it might be a little clearer to change the order and say "exponentiation and float division".

2. Also in section 3.4.1, I was scanning the text looking for information about exponentiation and almost missed some of the information because it is combined in a paragraph talking about float division. So, I'd propose splitting the paragraph that starts with "Float division (/) and exponentiation always..." into two paragraphs, one talking about float division and one about exponentiation, just so its a bit clearer when quickly scanning the text.

--
Edward Berner