On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> One of the even bigger steps is the upcoming WebAssembly binary format:
>> https://github.com/WebAssembly
>>
>> That's somethingthe Lua and the community around it could look forward (say
>> in WebAssembly support in luac ??? Makes sense?).
>
> This is the first time I hear about WebAssembly. Is that the new Java? :-)

it's a common bytecode for javascript.  it seems everybody is on
board, making is quite likely to acutually happen (apple, mozilla,
google, microsoft, really everybody)

think emscriptem without javascript.  the first demos are C compilers.

> By support for WebAssembly in Lua, do you mean generating WebAssembly
> from Lua source or converting WebAssembly to Lua source or bytecode?

the easiest thing would be to just compile current Lua C sources to
WA, as was done so long ago with emscriptiem.  that alone, would be
great!  then, modifying the Lua compiler to emit WA instead of Lua
bytecode would make it even faster and more 'native'.

--
Javier